*5ml and 15ml sizes available
The rose is one of the world’s favorite flowers, and is used to symbolize life, love, and death, happiness, and sorrow. Our rose absolute is extracted from the petals of the Rosa damascena, grown in Bulgaria.
- Botanical Name: Rosa damascena
- Country of Origin: Bulgaria
- Extraction Method: Solvent Extracted
- Plant Part: Flower petals
- Aromatic Scent: Rose Damask Absolute has a very complex, sweet floral scent. Its reputation of being a must ingredient in perfumes is well deserved.
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Geranium, Melissa, and Sandalwood
Rose absolute can relax and soothe stressed nerves and is great for balancing mixed skin types. Diffuse a very small amount for relaxation or apply in extremely small dilution.
It takes almost 10 pounds of rose petals to produce 1 gram of rose absolute.
Approximately 4000 kilograms of petals are required to produce 1 kilogram of pure rose oil. There is evidence to show roses have existed for millions of years. It is generally believed that Rosa damascena originated in the Neolithic period as hybridization of Rosa gallica and Rosa Phoenicia – both of which have grown in the wild for centuries. Its exotic nature and value were appreciated in ancient times by the Greeks, Chinese, Indians, Persians and Romans. All documentation indicates that their medical applications of the essential oil were identical to those that exist today.
3rd Party Testing