Lavender is the most popular essential oil sold worldwide. Dozens of different cultivars are available, each with a different chemical profile and result. Our lavender essential oil comes from flower tops of the Lavandula angustifolia, grown in the mountains of France.
- Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Country of Origin: France
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Flowering top
- Aromatic Scent: Lavender Barreme Essential Oil has a superior well-balanced aroma. It is fresh and floral.
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Citronella, Clary Sage, Geranium, Jasmine, Lemon, Mandarin, Orange, Patchouli, Pine, Thyme, Rosemary, and Ylang-ylang
Lavender is primarily sold for its relaxing abilities, but it is excellent for skin care as well. Diffuse, add a drop to a warm bath, or apply topically at 2-10% dilution.
Barrême is well known for its lavender distilleries, and this region’s lavender is called lavande fine de Barrême. The true lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) that thrives in the chalky soils and hot, dry climate of higher altitudes of the Provence was picked systematically at the end of the 19th century. At the beginning of the 20th century, fields of lavender were first planted, at altitudes above 700 m to produce the finest quality lavender.
3rd Party Testing