*5ml and 15ml sizes available
Roman chamomile is a small plant that has a rich smell similar to straw and ripe apples. Our roman chamomile essential oil is steam-distilled from the flowers of Anthemis nobilis grown in the United Kingdom.
- Botanical Name: Anthemis nobilis L
- Country of Origin: United Kingdom
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Aromatic Scent: The relaxing aroma of this essential oil, sometimes described as like ‘apples and straw’ is an exotic and rich scent. It is commonly accepted as the best smelling of the Chamomiles
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavender, Geranium, Jasmine, Neroli, Patchouli, Tea Tree, Rose, Lemon, and Ylang-ylang
Roman chamomile has been used for hundreds of years in herbal medicine. Aromatically, roman chamomile supports restful sleep, while topically, it can reduce mental stress and its associated aches and pains.
This herb has been used for medicinal purposes and skin therapy for a long time, particularly in Europe.
Approximately 4000 kilograms of petals are required to produce 1 kilogram of pure rose oil. There is evidence to show roses have existed for millions of years. It is generally believed that Rosa Damascena originated in the Neolithic period as hybridization of Rosa gallica and Rosa Phoenicia – both of which have grown in the wild for centuries. Its exotic nature and value were appreciated in ancient times by the Greeks, Chinese, Indians, Persians and Romans. All documentation indicates that their medical applications of the essential oil were identical to those that exist today.
3rd Party Testing