Balsam fir needles are about an inch long with two white stripes running down the underside of each needle. Our balsam fir essential oil is steam-distilled from needles harvested from Canadian Abies balsamea trees.
- Botanical Name: Abies balsamea
- Country of Origin: Canada
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Needles
- Aromatic Scent: Bright, Woody
- Blends well with: Pine, Cedarwood, Lavender, Black Spruce, and Rosemary
Balsam fir essential oil is great for massage. Applied topically, it can help deal with stress, especially after injuries. Mix into blends or apply in 2-5% dilution.
Balsam Fir has long been used in folk remedy for bronchitis, burns, catarrh and cold.
Fir Balsam Essential Oil is reported to produce dermatitis when applied as perfume in concentrated form. Use well diluted.
3rd Party Testing