Ylang ylang comes from the yellow flowers of the Canaga odorata tree. Distilling oil from Ylang ylang flowers is an extremely slow process. Our ylang ylang essential oil is steam-distilled from flowers grown in Madagascar.
- Botanical Name: Cananga odorata
- Country of Origin: Madagascar
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Aromatic Scent: a sweet, exotic, floral scent that is one of the most sought-after aromas
- Blends well with: Neroli, Lavender, Grapefruit, Bergamot, and Sandalwood
Ylang ylang has an intensely sweet, floral scent and is used in many perfumes and scents in small quantities. Straight from the bottle, Ylang ylang is incredibly potent, but mixed in a blend, Ylang ylang is much more easy to tolerate and can promote relaxation and even lift the spirit. Diffuse in a blend, or as a 1% dilution in a carrier oil (9 drops of Ylang ylang for a 30ml of carrier oil) and apply topically.
In Indonesia, you can find Ylang ylang flower petals decorating the bed of newlywed couples as it is a natural aphrodisiac. The name Ylang ylang comes from the Tagalog word for tree ilang-ilang.
3rd Party Testing